As we move past the third decade of life, our lives may get richer, but our skin begins to show signs of wear and aging. Texture and tone are rough and dull, fine lines and crow’s feet appear, and small surface scars seem more visible. At True Med Spa, we turn to one of the latest advances in facial skin rejuvenation treatment called Plasma Rich in Growth Factors PRGF®. This is a new technique that enables us to isolate and use the growth factors (bio-stimulating substances) from a patient’s own plasma in order to stimulate and accelerate facial skin regeneration.
The Science of Plasma and Micro-Needling
In this revolutionary procedure, the patient’s isolated plasma (specifically, the Epidermal Growth Factor) is applied to the face, neck and neckline skin in order to stimulate tissue regeneration. In addition to mitigating the signs of aging, the plasma produces an increase in the skin’s thickness, smoothness and luminosity.
A therapy called micro-needling is used to precisely apply this plasma to the skin. Using the most advanced technology, our medical aesthetician applies thousands of invisible and virtually painless perforations to the skin. The benefit of micro-needling lies in the “channels” created in this process, which allow the body to absorb the plasma — then respond by forming new tissue and releasing growth factors that promote scar repair and skin healing.
Micro-Needling Procedure and Recovery
Initially, the medical aesthetician applies a topical anesthetic, typically requiring 45 minutes to 1 hour to prepare the skin for the procedure. The actual micro-needling procedure takes approximately 30 minutes to complete. Growth factors are then applied to the skin that penetrate through the micro-perforations and assist with wound healing, followed by a calming serum. Make-up can be applied 4 hours after completion of the procedure.
Side Effects of Micro-Needling
Like the recovery time for the procedure, side effects of micro-needling is minimal. In fact, most patients don’t take any time off from work. Side effects include redness and mild irritation. It’s normal for the skin to be irritated immediately after the procedure. The skin will likely remain irritated the first night after the procedure but it generally improves the following day. Redness of the skin will continue for 2 to 3 days, although it is easily covered with makeup so no time away from work is required.
Results of Micro-Needling
With this therapy, the skin becomes firmer and regains elasticity, fine lines and wrinkles are visibly reduced, pores become finer. The skin’s overall condition improves. We use this therapy to treat acne scarring, to improve the skin’s appearance.
Benefits of Micro-Needling
There are many benefits to the micro-needling procedure. You will notice an immediate improvement in your skin, in the tone and skin elasticity.**
The complete benefits of micro-needling include:
- Collagen production: PRGF®-Endoret® promotes the increase secretion of collagen and elastin. This generates a greater consistency, firmness and reduced sagging in the skin of the patient.
- Hydration: Clinical trials have proved PRGF®-Endoret® ensures a high level of skin hydration compared to levels obtained with other cosmetic treatments.
- Wrinkle reduction: The filler effect achieved through the use of PRGF®- Endoret® technology attenuates the wrinkles in the infiltrated areas. The facial expression lines lose their depth similar to the way they do on the treatments using Hyaluronic acid.
- Skin luminosity: PRGF®-Endoret® makes skin recover the lost luminosity over the years. Patients that have gone through this innovative treatment achieve a higher lustre of their skin.
For the best results, we recommend a total of four treatments, spaced 4 weeks apart each. Booster treatments can be done yearly to maintain your results.
Facts about Micro-Needling and PRGF®-ENDORET®:
PRGF®-Endoret® is indeed a breakthrough in tissue regeneration to counteract degenerative changes in the skin, improving the tone and skin elasticity.**
- 100% biocompatible, versatile and safe
- It is the market’s first 100% autologous technology
- Control over its activation and use
- Fast and simple
- Clinical efficacy in the stimulation of tissue healing and regeneration has been described in a large number of international articles.
- It does not contain leukocytes, avoiding their pro-inflammatory activity.
- Powerful bacteriostatic properties
- Excellent therapeutic potential in different clinical applications.
- No undesired side effects